Full-Time Bookkeeper – Peterborough
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and your name in the subject line.
Local Peterborough firm is seeking a full-time bookkeeper in their accounting department.
Who is Inclusive Advisory?
We are a regional accounting, law, wealth management and HR consulting firm with offices in Oshawa, Peterborough, and Port Perry and are rapidly growing in our communities! Our knowledge, innovation and courage deliver results in a collaborative professional style that establishes and builds trust – together.
Why Work for Us?
At Inclusive, we pride ourselves on putting our people and the environment first. We offer competitive wages and flexible time off. Our collaborative culture influences all aspects of our business, and we value the input of all our employees. Inclusive is committed to reducing our environmental impact by continuously improving our facilities and processes. Our dedication goes beyond legal compliance. Through our leadership team and employee participation, we strive to integrate and encompass sound environmental practices into our business decisions. If you’re looking for a place to grow your career, Inclusive is a great fit!
- Complete bookkeeping projects for clients of various sizes.
- Complete payroll processing, ROEs, T4s, T4As, T5s and T5013s.
- Remit source deductions, WSIB and Sales Tax.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data for accountant review.
- Draft responses to client queries for manager review.
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, and respond effectively to client requests and suggestions related to the engagement.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Complete additional ad-hoc duties or assignments as required.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge:
- Experience in the areas of bookkeeping and tax return preparation, preferably in public accounting.
- Advanced computer skills in QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Sage 50, Excel and Outlook. However, our firm is prepared to offer training to the right individual.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and consistently meet client deadlines.
- This role may require some travel to other offices and/or client sites.
Must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedicated to teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism.
- Commitment to community involvement and environmentalism.
Candidates from the Peterborough area, with plans to stay here long-term, will be given first consideration.
Inclusive Advisory is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is more than a commitment at Inclusive Advisory—it is the foundation of what we do.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique.
No phone calls or drop-ins please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View all job posting